Big Brother 14: Sure Thing For CBS in 2012| September 14, 2011 at 11:05 AM EDT
Big Brother 14 for 2012 should be confirmed any day now with a press release from CBS as it seems like a sure thing based on this summer’s performance.
Here’s the rundown on Big Brother’s outstanding numbers this season:
- Big Brother 13 won its time slot every episode all summer for key demographics with the caveat of excluding sports events.
- Big Brother 13 grew its viewership by 11% overall for the 18-49 age group. That’s broken down as +4% for 18-34, +12% for 25-54, and +4% for all age groups.
- BB13 Episode 20, August 21st, had the highest audience rating since 2007 with 8.37 million viewers.
- BB13 Episode 24, August 31st, was the first time ever that Big Brother was the top program for the 18-49 and 18-34 demographics.
- Big Brother After Dark was up 8% in average viewers from last summer.
- Traffic was up 18% at CBS.com for Big Brother visitors. Interestingly, our traffic was up a very similar 18.4% from last summer with over 14 million pageviews!
- Live Feeds subscribers increased by 10% over last summer and 25% of those subscribers picked up the Live Feeds mobile access add-on
- Fun fact: 2.5 million hours of Live Feeds were streamed to users.
Wow. Wow. Wow. With ratings and results like that how could CBS not renew for a Big Brother 14 next summer? Show of hands: who wants Big Brother in 2012?
Source: CBS press release
Latest posts by Matthew Boyer (see all)
- Big Brother 17 Summer Premiere Hype Begins [VIDEO] - May 21, 2015
- Congratulations Jeff & Jordan! Big Brother Couple Sets Wedding Date - May 20, 2015
- Big Brother Now On Chromecast With CBS All Access - May 18, 2015