Week Three in the Big Brother 15 house is now history and we’re looking ahead at week 4. But first. Let’s take a look back at how things played out in week 3. This was the hardest one yet because as you may or may not know, I was not a fan of week 3. It was boring and predictable and almost nothing happened all week. So bear with me.
Big Brother Week Three Player Rankings
1. Helen. She led the house last week as Head of Household and also lead the true backdooring of Jeremy plot. It’s not very often that a true backdoor can even take place anymore. Because in its truest form, backdooring means the player can’t be on the block originally and can’t play veto. Players and fans alike often misuse the term, but this week it was basically spot-on. I say basically because the original backdoor was hatched in Big Brother 5 when players got to choose the veto players themselves. OK, enough of that history lesson. Helen was sort of an annoying HOH with her “let’s all love one another” mantra but she still used her reign to its full advantage.
2. Kaitlin. She went from sleeping most of the time to actually playing this game hard. Not only did she almost win the Head of Household, she did win the Power of Veto. The best move, however, was her using it on herself. She almost didn’t. She almost sacrificed herself for someone she’s known for a month. But she used her head and did the right thing and now she played as big a part as Helen in getting Jeremy, her boyfriend, out of the house.
3. Judd. By far, Judd is playing the best social game. He has a few people like GinaMarie pissed at him, but that’s because GM is crazy. But Judd has been sitting pretty all three weeks off everyone’s radar. And he’s played a large role each time in getting the strong guy players out of the house.
In a move likely designed to accommodate America’s general desire to see one HG removed from the game, Big Brother 15 has switched up the BBMVP twist this week to allow viewers to vote directly for the 3rd nominee. In the past three weeks the audience has voted in the HG who would then get to make that choice, but this time around they’ll be sidestepping Elissa and going straight for the nom.
Be sure to keep in mind that this week you are voting for who should be nominated and NOT who would get the MVP power. This week the viewers are the MVP.
Julie Chen announced to the HGs during last night’s live eviction show that when it comes to the BBMVP they should “expect the unexpected” this week, but stopped short of explaining the change. Sure enough that comment caused plenty of confusion and concern in the house.
Judd is very worried that this mysterious twist will flubb his week as the new Head of Household, but others are pressing on as usual. Amanda is already planning and plotting just how she wants Elissa to nominate with her anticipated powers.
I wasn’t sure if they’d keep this change secret from the HGs, but at the very least production has let them know something is up. I wouldn’t be surprised if they revealed that America did the actual nominating this week. Otherwise HGs are going to think Elissa did it after three straight weeks of having the power and it could damage her game if no one believes her when she denies it.
Once you’re ready to cast your 10 votes then head over to CBS.com and vote. Keep in mind that Judd’s latest plan is to nominate Kaitlin and GinaMarie which makes Aaryn the perfect choice for voting, but you’re free to pick whoever you want as the third nominee. Voting ends today (Friday) at 5:59PM PT.
Other rules to keep in mind: Judd, as the HoH, can not be the third nominee. The HGs Judd nominates can not become the third nominee. Big Brother will go down the list of results to find the highest voted HG who is not HoH or already nominated to select the MVP nominee this week.
Update: So I’m wondering what if America’s nominee gets the Veto on Saturday, saves herself on Monday, but CBS doesn’t show that until Wednesday night? How will there be time for America to vote a renom? There likely wouldn’t be time for that, so who does the renom? Readers on Twitter suggest CBS would just pick the next in line from the results. And yes, that appears to be the case according to CBS’s online rules for the voting.
Goodbye Big Brother 15 Week 3, Hello Week 4! We said goodbye to Jeremy and hello to Judd’s Head of Household reign during last night’s live show, but what went down on the Live Feeds after? Well Judd got his HOH room and aside from that, the night was filled with wild speculation as to what Julie Chen meant when she told them to expect the unexpected regarding this week’s MVP.
Read about all the moments from the house on our Live Feeds highlights below. And remember that you can check out any of these moments by using the Live Feeds flashback/archive feature.
Big Brother 15 Live Feed Highlights – Thursday, July 18, Friday, July 19, 2013
The Big Brother 15 houseguests’ plan for a true backdoor came to fruition Thursday night as Jeremy became the third guy in a row to walk out the door.
The episode picks up right after Jeremy was named as the replacement nominee. No one is surprised, of course, but Helen is still jumping for joy in the Diary Room.
And then we get to Jeremy’s campaign kickoff. And he does so in a baby diaper. He starts with McCrae, Amanda and Judd. And they sort of think about it for a second. Or not.
Aaryn starts her own form of campaigning by not being a total b***h. And she’s actually doing a pretty solid job at it. And then she ruins it all by telling Judd that it’s been hard for her “acting” nice to everyone and she should be commended for that.
Jeremy’s campaigning switches to Helen and Elissa. He tells them that if they keep him he will work only for them and his attitude will be long gone. He even says he’d nominated Kaitlin and Aaryn over Helen and Elissa. Helen finds his offer very, very tempting.
The votes are settled for tonight so we don’t expect any last minute changes. The eviction is set.
I’ll be updating this post here with the live eviction and HoH results as it’s revealed on the show. Have your Live Feeds (not signed up yet? use the Free Trial) ready to go because as soon as the broadcast is over the Feeds come back!
Big Brother 15 Week 3 Live Eviction voting:
- Candice: evict Jeremy
- Andy: evict Jeremy
- Howard: evict Jeremy
- Elissa: evict Jeremy
- Kaitlin: evict Spencer
- GinaMarie: evict Jeremy
- Amanda: evict Jeremy
- That’s it. Jeremy has enough to be evicted.
- McCrae: evict Jeremy
- Jessie: evict Jeremy
- Judd: evict Jeremy
By a vote of 9-1, Jeremy has been evicted from Big Brother 15.
Out on the couch Jeremy tells Julie that he’s “a winner.” Julie points out that if he’s a winner, then why is he out there talking to her. Zing!
Julie reveals the new one-week twist will be America as the MVP. We get to nominate Aaryn, I mean, we get to nominate any HG we want as the third nominee. If the top-vote earner is HoH or one of the HoH’s two noms then it goes down the line to find next HG.
Big Brother 15 Week 4 HoH Competition – ‘Big Brother Royalty’:
“Who is more likely to…” style competition with A/B answers.
- Round 1: Everyone gets it right.
- Round 2: Andy, Amanda, Candice, & Elissa are eliminated.
- Round 3: Everyone gets it right.
- Round 4: Aaryn, GinaMarie, & Jessie are eliminated.
- Round 5: Howard & Spencer eliminated.
- Round 6: Tie-breaker: Judd wins!
Judd beats out Kaitlin & McCrae for HoH! He is the new Head of Household and folks, I called it at 7:45PM ET and said Judd would win HoH tonight.
It’s eviction day in the Big Brother 15 house! And never has there been a less suspenseful moment in this game. OK, sure there has been, but surely not this season. Everyone is so certain there hasn’t even been any last-minute campaigning. At least not that we could see (the HGs slept late and the feeds were cut several times today). So needless to say, the houseguests have spent the day lounging and getting ready for tonight’s live show. And they’re not putting on athletic gear, so they know it’s not a physical challenge tonight.
Big Brother 15 Live Feed Highlights – Thursday, July 18, 2013