We’re down to our last weekly exercise of “Counting The Votes” for Big Brother 19 but this week we’re looking in a different direction. It’s time to consider how the Jury will be casting their votes and we’ll need to take in to account the suggestions of a bitter Jury this year.
The first two rounds of the final HoH are done and we know Paul and Josh will face off in the third and final competition of the season on Wednesday night during the Big Brother finale. The winner there could determine who wins the whole thing, or maybe it’ll go the same way no matter which one of them takes the victory.
Paul is planning to win R3 but is banking on Josh taking him to F2 even if he loses it. Josh spoke for weeks of targeting Paul only to pass up on the opportunities. Now just ahead of a possible choice to finally make good on that Josh is actually talking about keeping Paul over Christmas. Fool.
If the guys decide to take each other no matter what then we’ve got just one scenario ahead of us with Paul versus Josh for the Jury votes. In case Josh does make the smarter move then we’ve got a second with Josh versus Christmas. What I don’t see happening is a Christmas versus Paul since Paul is set on taking Josh with him to the end.
Jury Votes Scenario: Paul v. Josh
This is the most likely situation in my mind because I believe Paul will definitely take Josh and to me Paul is more likely to win this same Round 3 competition again this year. And on the other hand, if Josh wins it instead apparently he’s back to considering taking Paul.
If Paul wins and takes Josh it’s just another edge for Paul. If Josh wins and takes Paul instead of Christmas then it’s another ding in Josh’s record for making such a foolish choice. And despite all the “bitter jury” details we’re hearing, I don’t think it’ll matter with Paul against the unlikable Josh. Josh was a jerk to most of the Jurors and while they may be angry at Paul I don’t see enough of them going the so-very-bitter route to change the outcome.
- Cody: Paul – Cody had mentioned to Jessica at one point if the house was foolish enough to let Paul get to the end then he’d get his vote. Well here we are.
- Elena: Paul – She’s discovered Paul played her, but she’s still going to favor him over Josh.
- Mark: Josh – Maybe. He semi-bonded with Josh eventually after all their fights and it could be enough of an excuse to not vote for Paul.
- Matthew: Paul – He was a crummy player and thinks Raven is amazing. He’s also still probably crazy enough to think he was one of Paul’s closest allies.
- Jason: Josh – Now here was a bitter Juror walking out the door and I’m not sure he’ll be getting over it anytime soon. If we get a bitter vote it’ll be with Jason.
- Raven: Paul – The puppet master will want her apprentice to win and don’t forget, August is Gastroparesis Awareness Month, y’all!
- Alex: Paul – Jason will want her to be bitter, and she probably will be a little, but she’ll end up voting for game and out of loyalty. She just probably won’t like it one bit.
- Kevin: Paul – He told Julie he knew Paul would do what he had to do. I don’t see Kevin discovering enough evidence in the Jury house to flip him against Paul.
- Christmas: Paul – She groomed Josh for weeks only to tell him to do what’s best for his game. Seems the connection faded. Meanwhile, she’s got a crush on Paul.
Paul beats Josh by at least 7-2.
Jury Votes Scenario: Josh v. Christmas
If Josh wins R3 then he absolutely should cut Paul. It’d be a huge feather in his cap and be enough leverage in case anyone was uncertain. I don’t think he’d need that though if he were up against Christmas.
Looking at the season’s stats, Josh has several comp wins while Christmas has been handed two default-wins. While Josh fought with HGs, so did she, just maybe not quite as loud as Josh managed.
- Cody: Josh – Cody might not like Josh, but I don’t see how he’d justify voting to support Christmas’s game.
- Elena: Josh – She’s discovered Paul played her, but she’s still going to favor him over Josh.
- Mark: Josh – Like before, he semi-bonded with Josh and I don’t see a reason for him to vote for Christmas.
- Matthew: Josh – A toss-up, but he can just go with pure stats to decide and a lack of reasons to vote for Christmas.
- Jason: Josh – Josh got out the guy who betrayed Jason. That’ll earn his vote.
- Raven: Josh – Somewhat of a toss-up since she wasn’t close with either Josh or Christmas, but she’ll see the group think and go with it.
- Alex: Josh – She’ll go with achievements and Josh has them over Christmas.
- Kevin: Christmas – If anyone is going to support Christmas then it’d be Kevin, but even that isn’t a guaranteed vote, especially if like all season he asks Paul what to do.
- Paul: Josh – Josh took out the big man in the game. If Paul is confident he himself would have won then he’d have to reward the one who ended his game. Then again, Vanessa didn’t.
Josh beats Christmas by at least 8-1.
Now I’m not going to in-depth tackle Paul v. Christmas because I don’t see that happening, but quickly, should that occur, then I’d say Paul probably sweeps it completely against her. I’d say her game doesn’t have a leg to stand on, but no need to go the punny route here.
So there we go. I’m expecting Paul to pull off the victory and be crowned the winner of Big Brother 19. He deserves it if he gets to F2, but I said the same thing last year. If Josh wises up enough to win R3 and cut Paul then the $500K is his for the taking.
What do you think will happen? Cast your vote below and share your own vote count predictions below in the comments. Then join us back here at 8PM ET on Wednesday.