I’ve been pretty straight forward this season doing Big Brother 16 Live Feed highlights and recaps, but I think the halfway point is a good time to weigh in with a State of the Game post. This week is basically the half-way point, right? Close enough.
A lot of people on Twitter are currently preparing for Zach’s funeral, so we’re getting A LOT of “this season sucks” and “if Zach goes, I’ll stop watching.” While it is upsetting that Zach is going home this week (I’m a card-holding member of #ZachNation myself), it’s not the end of Big Brother 16.
- That big alliance, that basically sort of (to some extent) includes everyone except Donny and Jocasta, is going to have to turn on each other soon. I mean they already are this week with Zach. But we always knew Zach was sort of low on their list. It’s going to get fun when Hayden and Nicole go against Derrick and Cody. And which side is going to steal Caleb? And who is going to be the unlucky one stuck with Victoria? And where’s Christine stand in all this? See? There’s SO much about to happen, that the second half of the game could be one of the best. And you never know, they’re getting to the crazy point of being in the house, so they might actually start fighting. Finally. One can hope.
- The twist is ending this week. We won’t be getting any more of these same old nominations and everyone working together and deciding as a group who needs to win Battle of the Block and who needs to win veto and who needs to be evicted.
- This week’s Double Eviction. ANYTHING can happen during the second eviction this week. I think Jocasta could be an easy target, but not if these people are finally entering game mode. We could see a major player following Zach out the door
- There’s an extra week now! So MAYBE that means a jury member could return. And maybe, just maybe, it could be your favorite player who comes back in to shake things up. A lot of people don’t like returning players, but I think with the pace of this season, that would be a great idea. And plus I’m hopeful for a Zach re-entry.
- Derrick. No one has played the game like Derrick in a few seasons. He’s even playing right out in the open and only Donny is onto him.
- Team America. Maybe Team America challenges will improve. Or maybe that twist will end soon. I’ll be happy with either.
- And finally, it’s not Big Brother 15. And no offense to Big Brother 15 HGs who are actually great people, but there’s no stigma hanging over this season. Sure there might not be any fighting this season, but there’s also nothing to be ashamed of for being a Big Brother fan. And as far as I can tell, none of the HGs should find themselves unemployed after the season ends. Well, aside from Zach, but that’s already his thing.
And if these HGs don’t start going at each other, then I’m going to start a campaign to fly a banner plane over the house accusing the HGs of something ridiculous. Who’s in?