Big Brother 11 “Clique” Twist Confirmed – Official Details| July 1, 2009 at 3:17 PM EDT
What group did you fit into in high school? That is the question 12 strangers will face on the season premiere of BIG BROTHER, Thursday, July 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
12 strangers will move into the Big Brother house and learn that they will be ‘kickin it old school’ this summer, high school to be exact. The House Guests will be shocked to learn that they will be playing the game in one of four familiar high school cliques – popular, athletes, brainiacs and off beats. They will compete for food, safety from eviction and luxury prizes as part of their clique.
They will also be surprised to discover that a mystery 13th Houseguest is coming to the BIG BROTHER house, to join the game and give an advantage to one of the cliques.
“You may have graduated, but the truth is we never leave high school and this summer we are going to prove it,” says Allison Grodner, Executive Producer of BIG BROTHER. “From the brains to the jocks to the off-beat, everyone will be able to identify to one of these cliques, giving the viewers a group to root for and against from the very beginning. The division will cause instant drama.”
From what we’ve seen of the HGs this morning we could probably go ahead and start grouping them. The 12 house guests split evenly into those 4 groups.
Here are my “Big Brother Network” clique predictions:
- Brainiacs: Ronnie, Michele, and probably Casey (school teacher)
- Athletes: Natalie, Russell, and likely Jeff
- Populars: Laura, Jordan, and Braden
- Off-Beats: Lydia, Kevin, and Chima
Hmm, on second thought I might swap Jeff and Braden. Grodner described Braden as the surfer dude type, so that could drop him into the athletes despite looking like something written for a John Hughes 80’s high school flick.
Okay, third (and final) thought. Jeff was a running back in college. I’m gonna stick with my original guess. Jeff with the athletes and Braden with the “pops.”
What do you think of these cliques? And maybe more importantly, who do you think the 13th houseguest might be who will give one of the groups an early edge in Big Brother 11? Let the speculation begin and the comments flow!
Update: WLBB interviewed exec-producer Allison Grodner who broke out these details on the season’s twist along with a tidbit on the 13th HG:
- Each player wants the perks of being in the in-crowd
- If one member of a clique wins Head of Household, other members of that clique cannot be nominated
- Instead of traditional Food Competitions, there are now ‘Have and Have Not’ competitions
- Losers of the Have and Have Not competition are subject to worst living conditions in BB history
- Have Not’s subject to a cold room, cold showers, food restrictions, and bright lights that never turn off
- No details regarding the 13th Mysterious Houseguest will be released until July 9th
- Starting second week, viewers will decide the food restriction
- The Have Nots will get slop in addition to America’s food restriction