The Top 5 Best Things About ‘Big Brother Over The Top’| October 3, 2016 at 10:00 AM EDT
If you decided to pass on Big Brother Over the Top just because summer is over and you don’t like watching everything online, you are seriously missing out.
While BBOTT is still the show we know and love and love to hate, it’s so, so much more. I could list about 20 things that were instantly better than the show we’ve been watching the past 18 seasons, but I know how attention spans are, so I decided to narrow it down to five. And this is the top 5 things about Big Brother Over the Top so far.
1) No Feed Outages. When they said no black outs, they meant it. The first Head of Household competition was literally 24 hours long and we got to watch it all. I mean no one really sat staring at their screens for the whole 24 hours I’m sure, but you could have if you wanted to.
2) The Safety Ceremonies. Instead of a single nomination ceremony like Big Brother proper, BBOTT gives us two safety ceremonies. They’re a bit drawn out, but the process is pretty cool. The HGs all get “Block Pass” necklaces that light up if the HOH chooses them for safety. And the HOH picks who is safe alone in the HOH room. Elsewhere in the house, if a HG is safe, their necklace lights up. This is repeated a second time the following day. The two HGs who did not get chosen as safe by the HOH are the week’s initial nominees. And that leads me to #3
3) We Get to Nominate! Fans actually get to name a third person to sit on the block. What I love about this is that it can really impact the game. If nothing else, it can really send a message to the house. And since we have a lot of say in this season, they might actually listen to us. I mean if they want to make win this game they have to make us happy. Which leads me to #4.
4) We Vote For the Winner. Normally I’d say we don’t deserve this right. We haven’t earned it because we’ve done stupid things in the past like vote Frankie on Team America and send Corey a Care Package. But I think this season’s demographic will be better at voting for things like nominees, who to evict, have-nots and even the winner. Don’t mess it up, America!
5) The Cast. Seriously, this cast is so different than the past several. It’s actually a breath of fresh air. Sure, there are already some suspect things being said and going down, but I’m pretty impressed with this group overall. They’re playing the game right out of the gate and they’re a lively and entertaining bunch. Justin and Shelby are casting gold and giving the All Access watchers their money’s worth.
What do you love about Big Brother Over the Top? If you haven’t tried it out yet, we highly recommend getting the Free Trial now. And with the Flashback features on the Live Feeds, you can easily catch up on every main event you missed!