9 Must-Read Big Brother 16 Casting Tips From Robyn Kass| February 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM EDT
Big Brother Casting Director Robyn Kass has released a funny and informative video filled with casting tips and cameos. For those serious about getting inside the BB16 house this summer this is a must-watch as we close in on the 2014 casting season.
Robyn runs down the list of what to do and what to not do in your submission video. We’ve broken out Robyn’s top Big Brother 16 casting tips here so you can review, prepare, and be ready to do your best.
- Know the show you’re auditioning for before you make the tape. Make sure the tape is specific for that show.
- Take a little time preparing for the tape. Know what you want to say. Know what you want to portray when you make your tape.
- Don’t spend too much time stressing over what you’re going to say. You want it natural. You want it to flow.
- Look your best and have some enthusiasm for the project.
- Make your video in a place where you can be loud and talk freely.
- Always play back your video and watch it a couple of times before submitting it. Does it look how you want it to look?
- No need to offer special advice or ideas on how you’d improve the show.
- Don’t use these cliches:
- I will boost your ratings.
- I can be the sweetest girl, but then I can be the biggest bitch.
- America’s going to love me or hate me.
- I am the next Dr. Will.
These are all very important and strategic details you should consider when creating your submission video, but the real fun here is watching the seemingly endless run of cameos from past Big Brother HGs demonstrating what not to do. See the full gallery of their pics & cameos below.
For even more advice be sure to check out Big Brother’s Matt Hoffman’s detailed walk-through on how to get cast on the show.
Once you’re ready with your application video jump over to the official casting site, fill out the form, and upload your video there. Good luck!
Robyn Kass answers “What makes a really good audition tape?”: